Check Jenkins pipeline has been configured
Check that Jenkins has deployed a development pipeline
Check that Jenkins has deployed a canary pipeline
Check that Jenkins has merged a canary pipeline with production
Implement DevOps in Google Cloud: Challenge Lab
In this Challenge Lab, you're given a scenario, a set of tasks, and a challenge. You then use what you learned in the Implement DevOps in Google Cloud Quest to figure out how to complete the challenge on your own within the time provided! An automated scoring system (shown on this page) provides feedback on whether you completed your tasks correctly.
To score 100% you must complete all tasks within the time period!
This lab is recommended only if you've completed the labs in the Implement DevOps in the Google Cloud Quest.
- Use Jenkins console logs to resolve application deployment issues.
- Deploy and a development update to a sample application for Jenkins to deply using a development pipeline.
- Deploy and test a Kubernetes Canary deployment for a sample application.
- Push the Canary application branch to master and confirm this triggers a production pipeline update.
Are you up for the challenge?
Before you click the Start Lab button
Read these instructions. Labs are timed and you cannot pause them. The timer, which starts when you click Start Lab, shows how long Google Cloud resources will be made available to you.
This Qwiklabs hands-on lab lets you do the lab activities yourself in a real cloud environment, not in a simulation or demo environment. It does so by giving you new, temporary credentials that you use to sign in and access Google Cloud for the duration of the lab.
What you need
To complete this lab, you need:
- Access to a standard internet browser (Chrome browser recommended).
- Time to complete the lab.
Note: If you already have your own personal Google Cloud account or project, do not use it for this lab.
Note: If you are using a Pixelbook, open an Incognito window to run this lab.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.